In last semster of IITKGP life, after getting a job, my lifestyle has slightly chnaged. There is a whole lot of free time, which i just can't able to spend by sleeping only. So I have developed some new hobbies. This include watching movies, reading novels, going for jogging to burn my extra fats, and adding new pages to my nameless blog.

I am very much selective in choosing the movie to watch. I usually take my friend's suggestion, imdb rating and many more small factors while choosing a movie to watch. The result is by-far positive. It ends up in watching the best movies produced so far, and a soul enriching process. Each movie unwinding a new facet of life, and is fun to watch too. Here are the movies I have watched within 15 days.
  • A Beautifull Mind: The best movie I have watched so far, can watch it 100 times more, really inspirational
  • Seven Years in Tibet: A movie on an austrian mountainer going to Tibet and developing friendship with boy dalai-lama, and giving him insight of the outer world. The portrait of simplicity of Tibetian living style, the conversation between the dalai lama and Brad Pitt, and the depiction of chinese invasion of tibet are simply marvelous
  • Forrest Gump
  • The Man who would be King
  • Jerry Maguire
  • The Truman show: All above four movies depict the power of passion, and strong determination of human being in some way or other.
  • Schindler's List
  • Crash
Yet to watch some more classics. Will watch them soon. In the novel side I started with "Count your chicken before they hatch" by Arindom Chaudhary. A crappy managerial book advertising IIPM and nothing more with few innovative stuffs. Then I venture into "The Monk who sold his ferrari" by Robin Sharma. I found it to be a very nice, inspiring, innovative and practical book. This book is worth giving a try. Then I read some of the essays of Bertand Russel, yet to complete his whole essay collection. Then ventured into the god-is-dead philosophical world of Friedrich Nietzsche. First read his "The AntiChrist". Its somehow bearable. But his repeatative void philosophy of his famous work "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" is simply not bearable. I can read upto its second part and left there. The style of presentation is vague, and i got fed-up with is god-is-dead fundaes. And today only I started reading "Siddhartha" by Herman Hesse; and completed it today itself. Truely a marvellous novel worth giving a try.

Comments (0)

Add a Comment