Very recently, at the last semester of my IITKGP life, after getting a job @nVidia bangalore, my lifestyle has taken a slight turn. I have added few new hobbies to my list. It includes Jogging, watching english movies and reading novels. I will devote yet another post on movies part, rather let me devote this post on my new hobby of reading novel. I am very very choosy while selecting the novel to read. To me reading novel/a good book is a process of enriching yourself, a way to understand the world, to have diverse outlook, to improve ones communication skill, to add new dimesions to your life. Thats why I a very much choosy while reading a new book. I usually prefers highly acclaimed, highly rated books and I relies on friends, wikipedia and orkuts to get information of good books. Very recently I came across an Orkut community named Only Good Books. The best thread of this community is on the best book read. This post will be concise list of the best books of that thread. So without blabbering more let me start listing the bests books that will hopefully be usefull for poor soul like me
  • Count of monte cristo - Dumas
  • The little prince by Antoine de Exupery
  • War and Peace - Leo Tolstoy
  • Siddharta by hesse
  • Ulysses
  • Great Expectations
  • V. S. Naipul - A House for Mr. Biswas, A Bend in the River
  • Love in the time of cholera - Marquez
  • The Old Man n The Sea
  • A Painted House
  • Of Human bondage
  • A Painted House
  • Neuromancer- William Gibson
  • Pride and prejudice
  • Gone with the wind
  • 100 yeard of solitude-by marquez.
  • catcher in the rhye - JD Salinger
  • forrest gump
  • Ayn Rand - Fountainhead, Atlas Shrugged
  • Da Vinci Code
  • Lord of the Flies
  • Shawshank Redemption
  • Brothers Karamazov - Dostoievsky
  • Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance by Pirsig
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
  • paulo coelho - The Alchemist
  • Erich Segal - Doctors, Love story, the class
  • cathch-22
  • The namesake
  • The Diary of young girl- Anne Frank
  • To kill a Mockingbird
  • Jonathan Livingston Seagull
  • The idiot (Dostoevsky)
  • Lust for life (Stone)
  • The picture of Dorian Grey - Oscar Wilde
  • 1984, Animal Farm
  • Surely u r joking Mr.Feynman
  • A Suitable Boy- Vikram Seth
  • Swami and Friends - R K Narayanan
  • The God of small things - Arundhati Roy
  • Lord Of The Rings.
  • Harry Potter
  • Godfather

Comments (2)

  1. Blogger Anil said:  

    hey u r missing
    *Hichhikers Guide to the Galaxy
    *Blink
    *Five Point Someone
  2. Blogger Subash said:  

    Five Point Someone is only famous within India ... beacuse of IIT craze ... Thats what I think !!!

Add a Comment