This is about the paradox that I face regarding my JOB/Campus related blog at The Nameless Blog. The above blog is started in last December, while preparing for job, out of frustation on the "lack of quality information on preparation of job", and their distributed nature. Whenever there are some information, they came with equally heavy dose of pervasive ads, in the cost of more-than-required-numbers-of-clicks. There are some very nice yahoo groups for questions asked by various companies, at various institutes across India (yeps ... my blog is just aimed to cater the Indian jobless ... sorry for that ... no idea about the processes and needs of guyz at other countries), at different stages of selections process. But those information are too random, un-ordered, and doesn't have any presentation component.
So while starting my blog, my aim was simple, to have an organized, nicely-sorted, ok-type-presented, without any pervasive ads, few-click and quality blog on the various facets of campus/job related information. Luckily many of my tasks are automatically simplified after discovery of huge pile of information on placements on KGP LAN, almost sorted, but distributed. Thanx P2P network DC++ which is the lifeline of IITKGP, using which you can obtain all the material shared by 400 users by just one search within seconds. So I started searching, add newly discovered information to my old database, and with passage of time now I my database contains 222 MBA of informing spanning across 600 folders, 4000 file of hard-disk of my poor-old-hcl pc.
My aim is simple, to put those information into my blog in a coherent manner, adhering to the standard that i have planned while starting my blog. And recent flagging of my blog as spammy by blogger is yet another blow to my effort, I just can't dare to post apparently spammy, but really usefull posts as frequently as i want. No doubt the flagging got turned off after i mailed to blogger, but still i just don't feel like posting moree than one post a day.
Thus came the paradox, with such huge pile of semi-sorted information i am interested to post to my blog, and such slow the process of compiling and posting it, it may take years to completely post all those posts. Distribution of materials in varied formats ranging from text, pdf, html, rtf, docs, images, and source code in various languages poses yet another problem of presentation; to present in a format-indepedent uniform-and-coherent presentation. By the way what is the point of having a blog with poor presentation, it will become yet-another-site on job related inforamtion, not the best-of-best amongst them. Quality demands extra effort and pays a lots more, and i am obessed with quality. Posting images to blogger is not a very convienient, and separating texts and images in documents rich in both contents are also not very easy to present in a nice way.
In the face of choice between quality and quantity, i will choose the former one, because by posting information not likely to be found in other popular sites, i am actually adding extra information to the cyber-space, and enriching it, and quality pays well. The target of 222MB is a big one, but i am determined to achieve it, and why shouldn't i do it, when my strange hobby of collecting and presenting stuffs is going to be helpfull to some needy-one ?????
To me it is an eye-opener, an invitation to break my mental blockings/prejudices (atleast those which are useless). Two months before if someone would have asked me the the question "how much can you run ?" ... My answer would have not more than 100m, may be I would have started diverting the topic by describing my swimming ability and many more such out-of-context, statements justifying my lack of ability and so on. I have laways been justifying my lack of inability with some nonexisting muscular problem.
1.6Km or 4 round is a milestone for me because I have a dream of jugging 4 rounds of gyanghosh at a stretch as the final aim, while I started jogging. Today I have to take two 2-3 mins break to achieve 4 rounds, but now I realize that much more than 4 rounds of gyanghosh can be ran at a stretch if consitency is maintained, and I am determined to achieve it. This breaking of notion will be a big inspiration for me to break my mental prejudice, to start thinking afresh, not just to dream, but to struggle to achieve and excel in it.
- Read Print :: Author Index
- Robert M. Pirsig - Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance
- Benjamin Franklin - Autobiography
- Hermann Hesse - Siddhartha
- Joseph Heller - Catch-22
- Harper Lee - To Kill A Mockingbird
- Mario Puzo - The Godfather
- Arundhati Roy - The God of Small Things
- Salman Rushdie - Midnight's Children
- Salman Rushdie - Fury
- V. S. Naipul - A House for Mr. Biswas
- John Grisham - The Firm
- George Orwell - 1984
- George Orwell - Animal Farm
- Yann Martel - Life Of Pi
- “Surely You’re Joking, Mr. Feynman”: Adventures of a Curious Character
- Mark Haddon - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
- James Clavell - Shōgun
- John Robert Fowles - The Collector
- John Robert Fowles - The French Lieutenant's Woman
- Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice
- Richard Bach - Jonathan livingston Seagull
- Stephen King - The Green Mile
- Karen Bliexen - Out of Africa
- Pearl S. Buck - The Good Earth
- Afghanistan - The Bear Trap
- Ken Elton Kesey - One Who Flews Over Cuckoo's Nest
- Neil Gaiman - American God
- Annie Proulx - Brokeback Mountain
- Winston Groom - Forrest Gump
- Peter Findlay - Vernon God Little
- Chuck Palahniuk - Fight Club
- Friedrich Nietzsche - Antichrist
- Ernest Hemingway
- Douglass Adams
- Dan Brown
- John Grisham
- John R.R. Tolkien
- Isaac Asimov
- Robert Ludlum
- Arthur Conan Doyle
- Arthur C. Clarke
This blog has been locked by Blogger's spam-prevention robots. You will not be able to publish your posts, but you will be able to save them as drafts.
Save your post as a draft or click here for more about what's going on and how to get your blog unlocked.
Your blog is locked
Blogger's spam-prevention robots have detected that your blog has characteristics of a spam blog. (What's a spam blog?) Since you're an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not a spam blog. Automated spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and we sincerely apologize for this false positive.
You won't be able to publish posts to your blog until one of our humans reviews it and verifies that it is not a spam blog. Please fill out the form below to get a review. We'll take a look at your blog and unlock it in less than a business day.
If we don't hear from you, though, we will remove your blog from Blog*Spot within 10 days.
Find out more about how Blogger is fighting spam blogs.
I have filled out the form to get a review, and hopefully I can post new stuffs to it soon.
I am very much selective in choosing the movie to watch. I usually take my friend's suggestion, imdb rating and many more small factors while choosing a movie to watch. The result is by-far positive. It ends up in watching the best movies produced so far, and a soul enriching process. Each movie unwinding a new facet of life, and is fun to watch too. Here are the movies I have watched within 15 days.
- A Beautifull Mind: The best movie I have watched so far, can watch it 100 times more, really inspirational
- Seven Years in Tibet: A movie on an austrian mountainer going to Tibet and developing friendship with boy dalai-lama, and giving him insight of the outer world. The portrait of simplicity of Tibetian living style, the conversation between the dalai lama and Brad Pitt, and the depiction of chinese invasion of tibet are simply marvelous
- Forrest Gump
- The Man who would be King
- Jerry Maguire
- The Truman show: All above four movies depict the power of passion, and strong determination of human being in some way or other.
- Schindler's List